The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Budapest is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
To contact a customer service representative, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:
Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to email@example.com.
Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:
- Callers in Hungary: Call +36(1)7012000.
- Callers in the United States: Call +1 703 520 2570.
Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative during regular hours of operation, add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-hungary.
Visiting the Embassy
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy or Consulate while carrying any of the following items:
· Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
· Large shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
· Bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather, cloth bags, and zip folders – you can only carry plastic bags containing application-related papers
· Food and liquid items
· Sealed envelopes or packages
· Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
· Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
· Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Only visa applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted.