What to Submit

To Obtain or Renew a U.S. Passport, Please Submit:

(For applications for children, please visit our Passport Application for Children page.)

  • Your most recent U.S. passport; or
  • If you do not have a U.S. passport, proof of U.S. citizenship (e.g., a certified original U.S. birth certificate or a Certificate of Naturalization, and a valid, current picture ID (e.g., a Hungarian ID card);
  • One (1) recent passport photograph (5 cm x 5 cm or 2″ x 2″) taken of the full face with both ears clearly visible, with a light background; https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html 
  • All applicants issued a Social Security Number, including children under 16, must provide it on their passport application forms in accordance with 22 U.S.C. 2741a and 22 C.F.R. 51.60(f).
  • Fees payable in cash (USD or HUF), or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, and Discover). Our system does not accept Maestro Visa cards.  We do not accept personal checks.
  • If you are not physically able to come to the Consulate, you can obtain a power of attorney for someone to act on your behalf to bring to the Consulate your completed application with photo and the required passport fee. Please note that this procedure does not apply to lost/stolen/mutilated passport cases, first-time applicants, or minor passport applications.