The American Citizen Services unit at the U.S. Embassy in Hungary is in the process of building our American Liaison Network (ALN). Formerly known as the Warden system, the ALN is a community of Citizen Liaison Volunteers (CLVs) who will serve as the Embassy’s primary points-of-contact with the private U.S. citizen community in Hungary.
Citizen Liaison Volunteers
CLVs are private American citizen residents in a foreign country who help the Embassy assist U.S. citizens in need. They assist travelers in distress, help us track down missing U.S. citizens, and, in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency, help us locate other American citizens so we can help get them to safety. Most often, however, CLVs are called on to be our ‘eyes and ears’ in the community, providing valuable feedback on what life is like for ordinary U.S. citizens living in Hungary. Please note that this is a voluntary position that does not imply financial reimbursement.
As a CLV partnering with the U.S. Embassy in Hungary, your responsibilities would include:
- Disseminating information to the U.S. citizen community
- Serving as an on-the-ground resource to help the Consulate understand the needs of U.S. citizens
- Helping post provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in exigent situations
- Encouraging U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Identifying other potential CLVs
- Maintaining contact with other American citizens living in your community
If you are an American citizen interested in partnering with the U.S. Embassy in Hungary as a CLV, please contact the Consular Section at ACS.Budapest@state.gov for more information.