Report Birth Abroad

When a child is born overseas to an American citizen parent, or parents, certain documentation is required in order for the child to be registered as an American citizen. Once registered, the child can receive his/her Report of U.S. Birth Abroad (CRBA) and U.S. passport. Please schedule an appointment online to register the overseas birth of your child. The child must appear in person at the Embassy along with both parents. It is advised that your child be registered within the first two years of birth and before the first trip to the United States.

For information on obtaining a U.S. passport for your child, please visit our Passports page.
Lastly, the birth of a child of a foreigner legally residing in Hungary must be reported within 30 days to the Office of Immigration and Nationality.  Tel:  463-9100 or 463-9233.