U.S. Citizen Services

Welcome to the U.S. Citizen Services Unit of the United States Embassy in Budapest.  We serve U.S. Citizens in Hungary.

As of November 16, 2020, only emergency American Citizen Services are available at the U.S. Embassy in Budapest.  All previously scheduled appointments are cancelled.  In case you need to travel to the U.S. in the next two weeks, please contact the Consular Section for an appointment, at +36-1-475-4164, or email ACS.budapest@state.gov.


All customers are required to schedule an appointment for the following services:

First-time and renewal passport applications*
Minor (children under 16) passport applications
Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Public notary services

Alerts and Messages

COVID-19 Information
See all Messages and Alerts for U.S. Visitors to Hungary.