Are you a Hungarian student participating in the 2017 Summer Work & Travel Program (SWT)? If so, this photo contest is for you! And if you participated in any previous years, welcome back! Please note there are some changes for the 2017 program – please read all the rules below to make sure your photo qualifies!
This year’s topic is My America. We would like to see what had the biggest impression on you during your stay in the United States. Whether it was a breathtaking view in a national park or in a city, a unique landscape, a historic place, the everyday life or a special activity of the American people, a lovely animal or a beautiful flower, something strange or something unexpected, a place that everybody knows or a place that only you could see, please share it with us! Try to make your photo unique and let people see America through your eyes!
An Embassy jury will select the best photos for a spot in our 2018 SWT calendar. Judges will select contest winners from among all eligible entries based on the following criteria: technical excellence, artistic merit, originality, composition, and ability to showcase the unique experience of visiting the United States. One “fan favorite” contest winner will also be selected through an audience vote.
The Embassy will issue a 2018 calendar with the 14 best photos (13 months – January-December 2018 and January 2019, plus a cover photo), and each winner will get 10 copies of this calendar.
The Embassy will hold an exhibition of the best photos, and the photographers of those photos will be invited to the opening reception.
Who can enter the contest?
Hungarian citizens who are participating in the U.S. Department of State’s Summer Work & Travel Program in 2017 are eligible to enter the contest.
How to submit photos:
- Please send your photos as an attachment to this e-mail address: USEmbBud@gmail.com. Please note: We are NOT accepting submissions via Facebook.
- Photo specifications:
— File format: jpg
— Minimum resolution: participants should only submit high resolution (at least 3,000 pixels or greater in size in any dimension) photos that are suitable for printing.
— Both B&W and color photos are accepted
We will NOT consider photos that do not comply with the above specifications.
- How many photos can one enter in the contest?Maximum 2 photos per applicant.
- Please also submit a Registration Form together with your photo. We will NOT consider photos submitted without this Form (PDF, 31KB; Word: 76KB).
- Submission dates: We will accept photos from August 1 through September 30, 2017.
- Winners will be announced on October 24, 2017.
- If the photo shows people in an identifiable manner (i.e., their faces) their consent is needed. By submitting a photograph to the contest, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the photograph (or from the individuals’ parent/legal guardian if any such individuals are considered a minor in their country of residence).
- Photos of children must be taken in a way that ensures that the children’s faces are NOT shown – the faces can be blurred with photo-editing software, but this must be done by the photographer prior to submission.
- For details about privacy issues, please consult section e of Content Requirements of the Official Rules.
In addition to reviewing the above summary, please make sure you read the Official Photo Contest Rules of the contest.
Should you have any questions concerning the contest, please send us a Facebook message, or e-mail us at SWT.USEmbBud@gmail.com.
The SWT program offers participants a unique opportunity to explore the United States and collect lifelong experiences! So get your camera or smart phone ready, and take your #MyAmerica photo! We look forward to seeing your photos!