We are delighted to announce that 20 delegates from Hungary representing 10 companies will participate in the 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit. Contrary to the virtual summit in 2021, this year the event will be held in-person in Maryland between June 26-29. There is less than 10 days away from the 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit and it is set to hit a number of participation records, including the most well attended Investment Summit to-date and the highest number of international participants as well.
The United States is the largest destination for foreign direct investment in the world. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as a location for business and investment.
The delegation, accompanied by a commercial specialist from the U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Embassy Budapest, includes 6 start-ups and 4 established companies in various sectors such as
- medical technologies,
- precision agriculture (energy- and chemical efficient) using solar and AI solutions,
- sustainable cutlery made of compostable raw materials, reducing waste,
- mobile hydroponic system,
- customized automation technology,
- defense/ disaster relief equipment,
- flavored/functional/healthy water,
- private capital investment and real estate development,
- fund management focused on assisting Hungarian companies with their internationalization plans,
- advanced manufacturing/ machine intelligence that helps manufacturers to save significant costs by becoming more productive through the latest technologies, like AI and IoT.
Of the 6 start-ups, 3 have been selected as finalist for the pitching competition. This is a 50% success rate for Hungarian pitch applicants. The finalists will pitch in Cleantech, Software, and Medtech category. Follow SelectUSA on Twitter on event updates.
If you are interested in expanding your business to the United States browse our Getting Started in the U.S. page and contact the U.S. Commercial Service Budapest for assistance.