Working in the Regional Security Office (RSO), the Foreign Service National Investigator (FSNI) conducts security investigations and maintains liaison with local police and other security and law enforcement officials.
The FSNI assists the RSO team in coordinating protection for post personnel and visiting U.S. government officials, obtaining, and reporting on information concerning potential security threats to post personnel, facilities, or information.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in law enforcement, military, private security, or investigation is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good working knowledge of the local and regional judicial system including criminal laws and procedures, and laws regarding marriage divorce, adoption, and military service.
- English Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing is required (This may be tested)
- Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Hungarian is required (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to conduct investigations with utmost discretion, is required
- Ability to draft correspondence and reports in English; and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications are essential
- Incumbent must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
12/30/2020 – 01/27/2021
How to apply:
For further information and to apply, please visit the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) website.
Tools for applicants:
ERA Application Tutorial (video)