Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

  • For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), please visit the FATCA FAQ page on

U.S. citizens must report their worldwide income on their federal income tax returns.  Living or earning income outside the United States does not relieve a U.S. citizen of the responsibility for filing tax returns.  However, U.S. citizens living and/or working abroad may be entitled to various deductions, exclusions, and credits.  The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit does not have federal tax forms.  For more information on general U.S. tax issues, please consult the IRS web site.  For basic tax information for U.S. citizens overseas, please visit the U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad page of the Internal Revenue Service.

If you are a taxpayer with specific individual or business account questions you should contact the International Taxpayer Service Call Center by phone or fax. The International Call Center is operational Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Tel: 267-941-1000 (not toll-free)
Fax: 267-941-1055

If you are a tax professional or software provider calling about an e-file issue and it is not account related, please contact the e-help office in Austin at 512-416-7750 (not toll-free).  Assistors are available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Central Time).

Taxpayer service, formerly offered by IRS officers overseas, is no longer available. 

Individual taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at:

Internal Revenue Service
International Accounts
Philadelphia, PA 19255-0725

Business taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at:

Internal Revenue Service
International Accounts
Ogden, UT 84201-0038

Residents of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands may contact the IRS toll free at 1-800-829-1040. (Hours of Operation are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday – Friday). For face-to-face assistance information in Puerto Rico refer to Contact My Local Office in Puerto Rico.

International Taxpayer Advocate:

To request Taxpayer Advocate assistance, call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free number at 1-877-777-4778, or refer to Contact a Local Taxpayer Advocate (LTA) in Caribbean US Territories (Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands) and International or Contact a Local Taxpayer Advocate (LTA) in Hawaii & Pacific US Territories (Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands).

U.S. State Tax Information

The American Citizen Services does not have state tax forms. For your convenience, we list the states’ tax web sites below.

Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | District of Columbia | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Puerto Rico | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming

Hungarian Tax Information

For information on Hungarian tax please visit the National Tax and Customs Administration of Hungary website.

Tax Accountants and Consultants

Please note: We provide these names for your convenience only. The Embassy assumes no responsibility for their professional ability or integrity.

American Expat Tax Services Inc.
Location:576 N Birdneck Road #185
Virginia Beach, VA 23451 USA

Artio Partners is a CPA firm specializing in US expatriate tax preparation and consulting for Americans living abroad and dual citizens. Our expertise is FBAR, FATCA, PFIC, foreign real estate, foreign adoption and controlled foreign corporation. Flat Fees. CPA Expert Help. The firm works with American expats from all parts of the world.
Contact person: ZM Ishmurzina
Telephone: +1/312-235-2167

Bright!Tax US Expat Tax Services
Bright!Tax is a leading and award winning provider of US tax services for the estimated 9 million Americans living abroad. We proudly serve American clients in over 190 countries, including Hungary. We use innovative, proprietary technology to help make the process of filing US taxes from abroad easier, while ensuring that our clients continue to enjoy a one-to-one relationship with an expat specialist American CPA.
Tel.: +1/212-465-2528

Cody N. Moore has over 25 years experience in taxation and he is a former IRS agent.
American Tax Group
Contact: Cody N. Moore
Denver, Colorado 80234
Tel.: +1/720-343-0025
Fax: +1/720-302-2836

Deutsch, Alan R. (CPA, MBA, APC & Associates) 

UK:     203-318-5498

U.S.:   646-861-4678

ISRAEL: 03-527-3254

Cell: +972 -52-274-9999


Skype: alandeutschcpa

Whatsapp: +972-58-491-0195

Specialty: U.S. tax returns, tax reform planning and investment consulting, IRS representation, tax newsletter, Social Security and investment planning.
Languages: English, Hebrew and French


GLS Global LLC offer expert counsel in tax compliance matters. Their areas of practice include personal, corporate and fiduciary income tax planning and compliance filing including the recently expanded Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) filing requirements.
Contact person: Frederick F. Scheing
Telephone: +1/302-351-8196
Mailing address: P.O. Box 7243, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA


Greenback Expat Tax Services specializes in the preparation of US expat taxes for Americans living abroad. Our expert CPAs and IRS Enrolled Agents work 100% with expats.
Greenback Expat Tax Services
2885 Sanford Avenue
SW #14877
Grandville, MI 49418
Tel: US Toll Free +1/888-362-5032

Hola Expat Tax Services
John Ohe
5a Avenida Sur Final
San José de Belén # 5
Antigua Guatemala 03001
Guatemala, C.A.
Tel.: +1/732-276-1000

Marc J. Strohl, CPA
Protax Consulting Services Inc
Seven Penn Plaza, Suite 416
New York, New York 10001, USA
Specialty: World leaders is compliance (preparation) and consulting on U.S. individual international tax services, with particular attention to U.S. expatriates living and working outside the U.S.  U.S. tax work should be done by CPA’s located inside the U.S. and we have offices worldwide.
Direct dial:  212-714-1805
Facsimile:   212-714-6654

US Expat Tax Preparation & Strategy
Services: MiklosCPA provides personalized service in US tax preparation and consulting for American Expats living and working abroad, foreign nationals, and businesses subject to US tax laws including FBAR and FACTA reporting. Contact us for a free consultation to find the right solution for you.

355 S. Grand Ave., Ste. 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071, USA
TEL – US:  +
TEL – HU: +36.1.455.3623

Online Taxman is a NYC based virtual CPA firm specializing in US expatriates and Non Residents with US interests (companies, real estate, investments, etc.) Everyone on our team is a lawyer or CPA focused on international taxation, from company formation and international tax planning to Voluntary Disclosure program to an FBAR, you will get a personal CPA to handle your situation.  Sign up for a free consultation with a CPA – NO OBLIGATION. Expert Advice. Personalized Service. Painless.
Address: 347 Fifth Ave, Suite 1402- 171, New York, NY 10016, USA
Telephone: +1/855-682-9626
Fax: +1/815-550-8651

Parent, Parent & Wynn LLP
Attorneys, CPAs & Enrolled Agents handling complicated overseas tax problems for US Persons.
144 South Main Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
Tel: +1-888-477-4258
Fax: +1-203-269-0385

Stacy D. Collier, CPA
Tel: +1346-231-1195

Tax Samaritan: has the experience and knowledge of the tax code to guide you through the complex expatriate tax preparation process, including, but not limited to the foreign earned income exclusion, foreign tax credit and reporting your foreign financial accounts on the FBAR. They offer a simple and straightforward process to save you time and money.
Address: Tax Samaritan
Randall Brody, EA (Enrolled Agent), MBA, CCP
4894 W. Lone Mountain Rd #164
Las Vegas, NV 89130
Phone: US Tel: +1/702-350-1050

Taxes for Expats is a NYC-based tax preparation firm specializing on American taxpayers living abroad. They have over 18 years of experience helping US expatriates and focus only on the American expat community. They offer an Instant Upfront Quote and provide extensive knowledge-base on US expat tax issues on their website.
Contact person: I.J. Zemelman
Tel:  +1/646 EXPAT-US (397-2887)
Address: 121 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10016, USA

Taxtake – America’s International Tax Experts  
3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 1945
Wilmington, DE 19808
Tel:  +1/302-760-9758
Fax:  +1/302-397-2704

New regulations under Internal Revenue Code Section 7216, Disclosure or Use of Tax Information by Preparers of Returns, became effective January 1, 2009. These regulations limit tax return preparers’ use and disclosure of information obtained during the return preparation process to activities directly related to the preparation of the return. The regulations, along with supplemental Revenue Procedure 2008-35 contain the updated rules and requirements relating to disclosure and use of tax return information. These regulations apply to paid and volunteer preparers and the administrative staff that supports them. Failure to comply may result in criminal or civil penalties. See the IRC 7216 information page for more details.