Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Budapest, Hungary March 17, 2020
Event: The Government of Hungary has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements. Visit the Hungarian government’s COVID-19 website and the Budapest Airport website for additional information on these new measures.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 COVID-19 Warning for Europe.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID for information on conditions in Hungary.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Budapest, Hungary
Szabadság tér 12 H-1054 Budapest
+36 1 475 4400
- Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hungary Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter