Thank you for your interest in employment at U.S. Embassy, Budapest.
- Temporary Construction Escort, six months with possible extension (December 21)
- Building Automation Systems (BAS) Engineering Technician, S (December 21)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Controls Technician (December 21)
- Electrical Maintenance Worker (Electrician) – (December 21)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician (December 21)
- Guard (December 10)
- Gardener (December 21)
- Building Automation Systems (BAS) Engineering Technician (December 21)
- Electrical Maintenance Worker (Electrician) S – (December 21)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Controls Technician, S (December 21)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician, S (December 21)
- Investigator (RSO) – (December 30)
- Budget Analyst (ODC) – Maternity Cover (January 11)
General Information about Job Applications
Despite the emergency situation of COVID19, the U.S. Mission in Hungary continues to recruit for vacant positions and accepts applications through Electronic Recruitment Application – ERA. Currently the pre-interview test and job interview process take place via an online interface. Thank you for your patience.
In compliance with U.S. law, an employment application received from any individual not present in Hungary at the time of submission is ineligible for consideration – with the exception of certain Eligible Family Members of Mission employees (See: “Definitions”). American citizens are required under Hungarian law to obtain residency in Hungary to work. An American citizen who is offered employment by the U.S. Government and who is not already a resident of Hungary must enter Hungary on a labor visa that has been issued by a Hungarian authority in the United States. Any expenses associated with this lengthy process are the responsibility of the applicant, e.g. transportation, physical examination, etc.
All offers of employment are based on availability of funding.
The U.S. Mission in Hungary provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Within this framework, the Office of Human Resources provides recruitment services to the U.S. Mission in Hungary.
Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA)
ERA is our new electronic recruitment application management system. ERA will make job applications easier by allowing you to apply online. You will save time with your applications and enjoy increased communications with the Embassy’s recruitment team.
Check out our video in the “How to Apply to Embassy Jobs with ERA” box to learn how to create a new account and be ready to apply.
For the list of available vacancies through ERA, please click this link.
No application otherwise submitted will be considered.
Tools for applicants: