Thank you for visiting the web site of the U.S. Embassy in Budapest.
Embassy operating hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but some sections within the Embassy may have different hours. All offices are closed on Saturday, Sunday, and on American and Hungarian holidays.
Embassy of the United States of America
Szabadság tér 12
- During office hours: (36-1) 475-4400 (Local time: GMT +1)
- After-hours emergency calls — for American citizens only: (36-1) 475-4400
- (36-1) 475-4248
If you have specific questions or comments, you may wish to contact the appropriate section listed below:
- Visa Information and Appointments
- U.S. Citizens Services (passport, birth registration, marriage and divorce, consular services, taxes, living in Hungary, services and resources, etc.)
- Federal Benefits Unit (pensions, Social Security Number, etc.)
Human Resources Office:
- Job Announcements
Please send your applications and questions regarding employment with the U.S. Government in Hungary to email@example.com.
Information Resource Center:
- Information about the United States: history, foreign policy, politics, society, culture, etc.PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT answer inquiries concerning visas, immigration, and citizenship matters. Please send all such inquiries to the appropriate office of the Consular Section (see listing above).
Public Affairs Section (PAS):
General PAS address and Press and Information Office: PublicAffairsBudapest@state.gov
Cultural Affairs Office: CulturalAffairsBudapest@state.gov
Regional Environmental, Science & Technology, and Health (ESTH) Hub for Central and Eastern Europe:
If you cannot find a section that matches your inquiry or comment, please send your message to the Webmaster (webmasterBudapest@state.gov), who will be happy to forward it to the appropriate section of the Embassy.
Please also address technical questions or comments on the design of the web site to the Webmaster.