Thank you for visiting the web site of the U.S. Embassy in Budapest.
Embassy operating hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but some sections within the Embassy may have different hours. All offices are closed on Saturday, Sunday, and on American and Hungarian holidays.
Embassy of the United States of America
Szabadság tér 12
- During office hours: (36-1) 475-4400 (Local time: GMT +1)
- After-hours emergency calls — for American citizens only: (36-1) 475-4400
- (36-1) 475-4248
If you have specific questions or comments, you may wish to contact the appropriate section listed below:
- Visa Information and Appointments
- U.S. Citizens Services (passport, birth registration, marriage and divorce, consular services, taxes, living in Hungary, services and resources, etc.)
- Federal Benefits Unit (pensions, Social Security Number, etc.)
Human Resources Office:
- Job Announcements
Please send your questions regarding employment with the U.S. Government in Hungary to email@example.com.