U.S. Embassy Budapest Youth Council 2020-2021
The Youth Council Model
Youth Council (YC) is a State Department initiative, and U.S. Embassies and Consulates around the world have established Youth Councils to include emerging young leaders as we address our shared challenges, and as an opportunity for youth to share their generation’s interests and priorities.
U.S. Embassy Budapest Youth Council
The current group of the Embassy’s Youth Council, consists of a diverse and non-partisan group of 14 active Hungarians, aged 16-26. Their primary focus is to design and run youth-focused projects together, and also to advise the Embassy on youth-related issues. Their primary areas of interest include the environment and sustainability, digitalization and the workplace of the future, and addressing bullying and intolerance.
The group has been and will be working on various initiatives connected to these topics until August, 2021, with the support and guidance of the Embassy.
- Live discussion with Éva Antal, “The Girl with the Canvas Bag”, on environmental issues and living a low-waste life: VIDEO
- Live discussion with EducationUSA Advisor Boglárka Falussy and 2020 FLEX Alumni on studying in the U.S.: VIDEO
- Video from our Youth Council members on the occasion of Europe Day: LINK
- Live discussion with Balázs Kelemen, Hungary’s Youth Delegate to the UN : VIDEO
- Live discussion on financial awareness with experts from the Hungarian Mint Museum and the Pénziránytű Foundation: VIDEO
- Live discussion on bullying with school psychologist Kitti Kóródi: VIDEO
- Live discussion with American Directors in Hungary on the occasion of International Education Week 2020: VIDEO