U.S. Embassy Budapest Youth Council 2021-2023
The Youth Council Model
Youth Council (YC) is a State Department initiative, and U.S. Embassies and Consulates around the world have established Youth Councils to include emerging young leaders as we address our shared challenges, and as an opportunity for youth to share their generation’s interests and priorities.
U.S. Embassy Budapest Youth Council
The current group of the Embassy’s Youth Council, consists of a diverse and non-partisan group of 16 active Hungarians, aged 17-22. Their primary focus is to design and run youth-focused projects together, and also to advise the Embassy on youth-related issues. Their primary areas of interest include diplomacy, educational issues, mental health, sports, and environmental issues.
The group has been and will be working on various initiatives connected to these topics until August, 2023, with the support and guidance of the Embassy.
Please see below a list of the 2021-23 Youth Council’s major projects:
- Instagram live on the youth’s role in environmental issues with Fridays for Future: video
- Instagram live on school burnout and bullying with ADOM student movement: video
Applications for the Youth Council
The application period for the 2023 Council ended, check back in the summer of 2024!
- Live discussion with Éva Antal, “The Girl with the Canvas Bag”, on environmental issues and living a low-waste life: VIDEO
- Live discussion with EducationUSA Advisor Boglárka Falussy and 2020 FLEX Alumni on studying in the U.S.: VIDEO
- Video from our Youth Council members on the occasion of Europe Day: LINK
- Live discussion with Balázs Kelemen, Hungary’s Youth Delegate to the UN : VIDEO
- Live discussion on financial awareness with experts from the Hungarian Mint Museum and the Pénziránytű Foundation: VIDEO
- Live discussion on bullying with school psychologist Kitti Kóródi: VIDEO
- Live discussion with American Directors in Hungary on the occasion of International Education Week 2020: VIDEO