The American Dream…Coming to a high school near you!
America Day – Call for applications
U.S. Embassy Budapest and the Ministry of Interior open their call for applications for Hungarian high schools to participate in a unique program series called America Day.
The full day program offers students and teachers a chance to learn about the Embassy’s work, get detailed information about our exchange programs, and experience American history and culture in a creative way. Program elements offered by our Embassy are:
- presentation by an American diplomat, followed by a Q&A with the students (the topic of the presentation will be determined together with the school),
- presentation on American higher education and exchange opportunities by an EducationUSA advisor,
- career orientation presentation focusing on the areas of international relations and diplomacy,
- meet and greet with a U.S. Marine serving at U.S. Embassy Budapest,
- English teaching materials from the Regional English Language Office (RELO)
- U.S.-themed gift package (books, board games, classroom décor, etc.).
During the selection process, applications developed jointly by the school and the local government and local media will enjoy priority. The dates of the program implementation are: second semester of AY 2022/23 (March-June, 2023) or first semester of AY 2023/24 (September-November, 2023). The exact date will be determined together with the school.
How to apply
In order to apply, please send your application in English and the contact form in Hungarian to: BudapestSpeakers@state.gov and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should contain:
- a brief introduction of the school,
- a minimum of 4 program elements designed by the school, to be complemented by program elements offered by the Embassy, a draft schedule of the day,
- a description of the cooperating partners and their respective roles.
The deadline to apply is December 19, 2022, 12:00 AM CET.
Applications will be assessed by U.S. Embassy Budapest and the Ministry of Interior. The four best applications will be selected to host an America Day. The main selection criteria are: quality and creativity of the proposed programs, involvement of local community and other schools in the area, active participation from teachers and students, involvement of the local media. The results will be available at the website of U.S. Embassy Budapest. Selected schools will also be contacted via email.