July 22, 2021
Be advised that on July 24, 2021, there are several planned demonstrations against the Budapest Pride Parade. Currently, we are unaware of information indicating a specific threat from or against these events. Hungarian Police will be present at each of these events to monitor the security situation.
Pride Parade Details:
Date/Time: Saturday, July 24, 3-8pm
Gathering Site: Madách Imre tér in District 7 (from 1:30 pm)
Route: Madách Imre tér – Károly körút – Astoria – Múzeum körút – Kálvin tér – Vámház körút – Fővám tér – Szabadság híd – Szent Gellért tér – Szent Gellért rakpart – Erzsébet híd alatt (a Döbrentei tér) – Attila út – Szarvas tér – Krisztina körút –
Destination: Tabán (area bounded by Krisztina körút – Kereszt utca – Rácz Fürdő). Participants are expected to arrive between 5:00-5:30 pm. The after party will last until 20:00 pm.
- Deák Ferenc tér in District 5
- Andrássy út, between Vörösmarty utca and Bajcsy-Zsilinszky utca (counter-march)
- Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út, between Andrássy út and Nyugati tér (counter-march)
- Kossuth Lajos tér / Parliament
- Clark Ádám tér by Lánchíd (Chain bridge – Buda side)
- Széchenyi tér by Lánchíd (Chain bridge – Pest side)
- Szabad sajtó útja by Erzsébet híd (Pest side)
- Ferenciek tere
- Southern end of Nyugati tér
- Szabadság tér
- Blaha Lujza tér
- Near Budapest Park (location of the Afterparty)
- If you find yourself in or near a demonstration, be aware of your surroundings and continually assess the demonstration for changes.
- Even peaceful demonstrations can turn violent quickly. Depart any demonstration and seek shelter at the first sign of violence.
- Monitor local media for further information.
- Comply with directions from local authorities.