- The Press and Media Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Information Officer (or PAO designee)
- The position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Incumbent monitors Hungarian press and media coverage of issues of importance to the U.S
- Incumbent identifies and advises Mission leadership on strategies for promoting accurate and balanced Hungarian media coverage of U.S. foreign policy and American interests
- Incumbent builds and develops productive relationships with press and media professionals across the Hungarian media, including related researchers and polling
- Incumbent keeps current on trends in the Hungarian media landscape and in journalism, including related research and polling
- Incumbent keeps current on public opinion and perception of key issues
- Incumbent keeps current on regional trends in mis- and dis-information
WORK EXPERIENCE: A minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience in a media outlet, think tank, university, NGO, international organization, foreign embassy, government office or corporation is required, with responsibility for public relations, public affairs, journalism, communications, marketing, managing public relations, outreach events, press conferences, and other media interactions as significant parts of the job.
EDUCATION: A university degree in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Political Science, Economics or local equivalent is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required (This may be tested). Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Hungarian is required (This may be tested).
02/19/2021 – 03/19/2021
How to apply:
For further information and to apply, please visit the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) website.
Tools for applicants:
ERA Application Tutorial (video)