- The English Language and Education Outreach Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Emerging Voices (EV) specialist and has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Incumbent serves as the Embassy’s main analyst on education trends in Hungary.
- Position holder leads Public Diplomacy (PD) English language outreach to audiences in Hungary, and in close coordination with the Regional English Language Officer (RELO), conceives, develops, and implements both in-person and virtual English language teaching and learning projects and activities.
- Incumbent develops relationships with American Studies departments in institutions of higher learning.
- Incumbent develops relationships with communities and organizations interested in English language education and the study of the United States.
- Incumbent develops relationships with secondary schools, universities, and organizations that run exchange programs, together with the EducationUSA advising program, to inform audiences about opportunities for study in the United States
WORK EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a multinational educational or cultural work environment is required, with education, communication, marketing and public outreach duties as significant parts of the job – is required.
EDUCATION: University degree in Education, English, Applied Linguistics, American Studies, International Relations, or Communications is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required (This may be tested). Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Hungarian is required (This may be tested).
02/12/2021 – 03/19/2021
How to apply:
For further information and to apply, please visit the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) website.
Tools for applicants:
ERA Application Tutorial (video)