U.S. Embassy Budapest is looking for young Hungarians between the ages of 15-25 to join the Embassy’s next Youth Council in the 2021-22 academic year. Youth Council (YC) is a State Department initiative, and U.S. Embassies and Consulates around the world have established Youth Councils to include emerging young leaders as we address our shared challenges, and as an opportunity for youth to share their generation’s interests and priorities. The group’s primary focus is to design and run youth-focused projects together, and also to advise the Embassy on youth-related issues.
What does the Youth Council membership include?
- 1 year membership with the possibility to extend for another year
- Designing and implementing youth-related projects including, but not limited to: international relations, diplomacy, education, environmental issues, digitalization, diversity and tolerance (exact topics to be determined together with the new members)
- Attending monthly meetings to discuss project updates, plan events, share ideas, etc.
- Quarterly meetings with the Embassy’s Public Affairs Officer and other senior Embassy diplomats to discuss youth-related issues
- Participating in various Embassy events
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program
Please note: meetings and events might be carried out in person or online, depending on the COVID-19 situation and additional circumstances. U.S. Embassy Budapest will provide funds to cover travel expenses and costs associated with project implementation. Fluency in English is desired but not required.
How to apply
In order to apply, please send a motivation letter of maximum 1,000 words containing:
- your educational background and other relevant experience
- why you would like to join the Embassy’s Youth Council
- at least one specific project idea you would like to implement as part of your membership.
OR a maximum 3-minute video which includes the above mentioned three points.
Please send your application to: Zsófia Suba (Experiential Learning Coordinator), firstname.lastname@example.org
The preferred language of the application is English, however, we will consider applications written in Hungarian as well.
Application deadline: November 7, 2021, 12:00 AM (CET)
For further information about Youth Council 2019-21 please visit https://hu.usembassy.gov/education-culture/youth-council/ and follow @ycushungary on Instagram.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Zsófia Suba at email@example.com